XmlException: An error occurred while parsing EntityName in CRM Plugin

I had written a pre-update plugin, it was working properly on my environment.

But after sending it across to the client, after he had deployed it we started getting the below mentioned error.

“XmlException: An error occurred while parsing EntityName”

We were actually passing secure configuration information to the plugin in the following format

<Config>

<url>http://CrmServer/MSCRMServices/2007/CrmService.asmx</url>

<orgname>OrgName</orgname>

<username>UserName</username>

<password>Password</password>

<domain>Domain</domain>

</Config>

And the issue was the password that was being used, it had ‘&’ character, which we then replaced with ‘&amp;’ and the error got resolved.

Hope it helps!

Share your thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s